Paying for Your Graduate Education Degree

Grants, Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Payment Plans


The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 created the TEACH Grant program, which will allow eligible students to be awarded up to $4,000 per year ($16,000 maximum for a four year program) in grants. Graduate students are eligible for up to $4,000 per year ($8,000 maximum limit).

Due to Sequestration:
*Any Federal TEACH Grants disbursed after October 1, 2020, and before October 1, 2024, are subject to a 5.7% reduction. Students are eligible for up to $3,772 per award year. 

The TEACH (Teacher Educational Assistance for College and Higher Education) Grant is different from other federal student grants because it requires you to take certain kinds of classes in order to get the grant, and then do a certain kind of job to keep the grant from turning into a loan.

Learn More About the TEACH Grant

Kansas Teacher Service Scholarship

The Kansas Teacher Service Scholarship is a merit-based service obligation scholarship program that provides financial assistance to both students pursuing bachelor's degree programs and currently licensed teachers pursuing endorsement in hard-to-fill disciplines or master's degrees in hard-to-fill disciplines or either group planning to teach in an underserved geographic area. Recipients sign agreements to teach one year for each year of scholarship support in Kansas. 

Priority Deadline: May 1

For information visit:

  • Online Form
  • Information (pdf)

Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)

Graduate students are eligible to receive Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans. The annual loan limit for graduate and professional students is $20,500. The aggregate loan limit for graduate and professional students is $138,500.  Information and a link to the FAFSA application can be found at:

Payment Plan Information

For more information about our payment plan options, please visit the Student Accounts page.

Tax Deductibility of Tuition Payments

Students paying for all or part of their tuition may be entitled to tax deductions.  Because deductibility is dependent on your personal tax status, you should consult with your tax specialist or accountant to determine any potential tax savings for qualifying tuition payments.   The university will provide you with a 1098T for any tuition billed during a calendar year.