- Candidates must have a current Kansas teaching license for all programs.
- Graduate GPA (or if no graduate courses, undergraduate GPA) for ESOL C&I is 3.0, Reading Specialist C&I 3.25, Building Leadership and District Leadership Licensure 3.0. Contact the director if your GPA is less than these required levels for a transcript review.
- Candidates for Building Leadership must have taught 5 years.
- Candidates for the District Leadership Program must hold a Prek-12 Building Leadership License (no requirement to have been a principal)
Graduate Studies application and fee payment
- Application - Submit your application
Order Your Official Transcript(s)
Degree Seeking Students
- Order your official transcripts documenting receipt of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university by visiting the school website or use one of the following online transcript request services: Student Clearinghouse or Parchment and have them sent directly to Newman University.
- Note: If your undergraduate degree is from Newman University, you do not need to request that transcript.
- If you have taken graduate courses within 6 years of your projected graduation date that you want to be considered for transferring towards your degree, order the official graduate transcript(s).
- Provide a writing sample (up to 300 words).
Building Leadership or District Leadership Licensure applicants will provide a writing sample with the title “My Philosophy of Leadership”.
ESOL Curriculum and Instruction and Reading Specialist applicants will provide a writing sample with the title “My Philosophy of Education”.
Please submit two (2) professional recommendations using the linked recommendation form here.
Thank you for applying for admission to the Graduate Education Program!