Transfer Credits

What are articulation agreements?

Articulation agreements are designed to build strong partnerships between community colleges and four-year institutions.

Below are the area institutions and their corresponding course lists which transfer to Newman and meet the Newman Studies Program requirements. Institutions interested in an articulation agreement with Newman University are invited to contact the Office of Academic Affairs.

Select your college below to view transferable programs

Allen County Community College

Barton County Community College

Cloud County Community College

Coffeyville Community College

Colby County Community College

Cowley College

Fort Scott Community College

Garden City Community College

Highland Community College

Hutchinson Community College

Independence Community College

Johnson County Community College

Kansas City Kansas Community College

Labette Community College

Neosho Community College

Pratt Community College

Seward County Community College

Dual Degree Programs

The Three-Two Occupational Therapy Option offers students an opportunity to earn a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in five years instead of the six years it typically requires. To participate, students would complete three years at Newman University, taking courses required for a bachelor of arts degree with a major in biology. As part of their undergraduate program, students would also take prerequisite courses for the occupational therapy program. Upon completion of their undergraduate courses, they would make application to Washington University to complete the remaining two years of courses for a master's degree in occupational therapy. When the first year in the master's program is successfully completed, students will apply for a bachelor's degree from Newman, then continue at Washington University to complete the master's degree in occupational therapy.

A dual degree program in biology and medical technology is offered to students who complete the general education and major requirements for a bachelor of arts degree with a major in biology at Newman and then transfer to Wichita State University to complete a bachelor's degree with a major in medical technology. Credits from the medical technology program at Wichita State University will be accepted as transfer credit to allow students to meet the total hour requirement for a bachelor's degree from Newman.

Transfer Credit Policy

Credit is accepted from other regionally accredited institutions of higher education, approved standardized examinations (CLEP, DANTES, AP, etc.), and specifically approved professional programs. The maximum amount of community college transfer credit which may be applied to a baccalaureate degree is 62 credit hours. (Sixty-two (62) credit hours from a four-year college/university are required for a bachelor's degree.) This limit, however, may vary depending on the program in which the student is enrolled.

Correspondence courses may be transfer credit from other institutions of higher education and are limited to 15 credit hours. The number of transfer hours is posted on the student's Newman transcript. Individual courses are not listed but rather the number of credit hours from each school attended. The recorded cumulative grade point average for the transfer student is calculated only on credit earned through Newman University. An Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree from a regionally accredited two-year college will meet the requirements for Skills courses and some General Education courses. These students are required to take a maximum of six courses to complete the Newman Studies Program: one theology course and one philosophy course from the General Education level as well as the four required core courses.

International Baccalaureate (IB)

INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE is a comprehensive program of study for high school students which culminates in examinations for the international baccalaureate diploma. Newman University will grant up to 30 hours credit to students who score 4, 5, 6 or 7. International Baccalaureate credit is considered transfer credit and no grade is assigned for course(s) in which credit is granted. Course equivalences are approved by department faculty, and a complete list of equivalencies may be downloaded here

Advanced Placement

ADVANCED PLACEMENT is a special educational program enabling students to complete college level courses in certain disciplines in high school. In order to qualify for college credit, a student must earn a score of 3, 4 or 5 on the Advanced Placement Examinations offered each May by the College Entrance Examination Board. Advanced Placement credit is considered transfer credit and no grade is assigned for course(s) in which credit is granted. Course equivalencies are approved by department faculty, and a complete list of equivalencies may be downloaded here.