Cooperative Education is a great way for students to garner hands-on experience while earning college credit! This supervised work experience is related to the student’s career goals and is an extension and application of their classroom instruction. A faculty coordinator, Career Services, and the employer/supervisor share in the intellectual and professional development of the student, which ultimately benefits all involved. Only Newman University students are eligible to participate in this program.
- Must be a Newman University student.
- Must be a junior or senior with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Must enroll for Cooperative Education academic credit.
- Must complete all required paperwork.
- Identify a Faculty Coordinator in the school in which you desire to earn credit.
- Discuss possible cooperative education positions with your Faculty Coordinator and/or Career Services.
- To enroll in cooperative education, meet with your advisor and enroll in the Cooperative Education course. (1 credit hour = 30 work hours; 2 credit hours = 60 work hours; 3 credit hours = 90 work hours)
Contact the Career Services office located in the Student Success Center if you have any questions, comments, or concerns during your cooperative education experience.