Newman University's Intramural Sports program offers opportunities to actively participate in sports by providing an facility in which participants can compete against one another in a safe, friendly environment. Intramurals promotes wellness, fellowship, sportsmanship, and provides the opportunity for physical activity. Participating in the intramural program is a great opportunity to develop the essential qualities of leadership, cooperation, communication, planning, self-reliance, and a sense of fair play, while having a great time.
Currently enrolled students, faculty and staff members may participate in as many activities as they wish, on teams or as individuals.
Sign Up Procedures for Intramural Sports
NU Intramural Sports has partnered with IMLeagues to bring you on-line registration for all of our sports and activities. This website makes it incredibly easy for all participants to sign up for Intramural Sports and events. This system makes communication between Intramural staff, captains, and players very quick and efficient. It also provides helpful information on leagues, scheduling, playoff brackets, and other important information.
To Register on IMLeagues, follow these easy instructions
- Go to imleagues.com/NewmanU - OR - use the mobile app (called IMLeagues) that can be downloaded for free from the App Store and Google Play Store! It can be used to sign up and create/join teams and click on "CREATE ACCOUNT"
- Enter your information, and use your School email (@newmanu.edu) and submit. +
- Find the confirmation email in you inbox and click the activation link. If you don't get it within a minute or two, check your spam folder
- Click the "Create / Join team" button - enter the name of the team you want to join or a friend who might be on that team, if you are creating a team skip to step 7.
- The search results will appear in real time, just click "Join" to be added to the team
- If you want to create a team, join a league, or browse teams by league, use the links at the top
- In order to create a team, click "Create team" from the upper left of the home page. This guides you through a process to set up a team. The site takes you through each step such as joining a league, inviting players to the team, entering time preferences, etc.
- Questions or problems with IMLeagues.com....Ask an Expert. anytime day or night, a representative will be available to help. Go the "LIVE CHAT" option at bottom of the page.