- A minimum of 30 credit hours of college credit at an accredited institution of higher learning
- GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Out of high school for 8 years or
- Special permission from the program director
INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIES major (B.A.)
Admission to this major is required and is limited to students who have been out of high school for eight years, have a minimum gradepoint-average of 2.00 and have completed 30 hours of college credit at a regionally accredited institution.
24 total credit hours including:
- Two 12 credit hour approved areas of emphasis.
- Within each area, 6 credit hours must be upper division (courses number 3000 and above).
- Courses used to satisfy general education requirements may not be counted to fulfill the requirements in the two areas of emphasis.
- Business credits must be limited to 21. The requirements above are specific requirements for this major.
You must also fulfill general education requirements and general bachelor’s (or associate or associate of science in health science) degree requirements. Please refer to the Newman University Catalogs for details. After admission to Newman University, your Newman advisor can help explain program and university requirements.