A Liberal Arts Education in the Catholic Tradition
We believe education should cover a broad spectrum of knowledge, examining relationships among varied parts of the world and drawing upon faith to reach ultimate truth and understanding.
To help students attain this, we offer:
- Small class sizes and a low 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- An educational experience imbued with Catholic values and traditions, yet embracing and respectful of all faiths
- One-on-one attention and mentoring from your professors
- Faculty advisors from your chosen major
- Free tutoring, a computer lab, writing and mathematics centers and other
- Learning support services
- Cooperative education and internships with local businesses, schools and health care institutions
- Learning Communities to enhance how you learn and develop relationships
Newman also integrates global studies into every student's education. For those who want to know and experience more, we offer an International Studies minor and Study Abroad programs in Europe and Latin America.
Amy Emerson Communication & English '19"Newman has given me opportunities for growth that I could never have dreamed of. I’m incredibly grateful to my professors, peers and advisors for sharing their knowledge with me and encouraging me along the way, because I feel more empowered than I ever have. Today, I have faith in what I am capable of working toward and achieving, and I believe that is because of the amazing mentors I have had at Newman."