Technology Requirements for Students
- Personal computer access
- Internet access
- Up-to-date software:
- Microsoft Word or the ability to convert other text files into a PDF
- Adobe Reader
- QuickTime/Windows Media Player
- Course specific software (as noted in the syllabus)
Required Student Skills
- Proficiency with email and regular monitoring of the Newman email account and course management software, such as Blackboard, Moodle, or Open Courseware (Newman Blackboard). If a student prefers another email address, they must manually change the email setting in their student profile.
- Basic internet proficiency and the ability to download and upload materials using the course management software.
- Ability to participate in threaded discussion boards or forums.
For detailed current requirements along with guidelines and tutorials for online learning, please visit http://coursesites.newmanu.edu and log in using the following: