This exciting Masters program is available fully online, with Zoom meetings and video instruction. For international students, and for all who are local and desire an in-person experience, we offer weekly on-campus course meetings.
Designed in extensive consultation with industry professionals, this program is unique in its focus on the most current knowledge, software, and skillsets undergirding successful real-world data science initiatives. The program begins with a focus on Data Analytics and Data Storytelling using industry-leading software. It progresses through Data Warehousing and Data Engineering, and it finishes with a carefully crafted progression of courses in Machine Learning. Threaded throughout the program are the key emphases in Data Governance, Statistics for Data Science, and Data Ethics.
Program Learning Outcomes
In completion of the Master of Science degree in Data Science, students will:
- Analyze data systems and data sets and identify steps for data preparation, descriptive analytics, data storytelling, and predictive modeling, consistent with current best practices in Data Science.
- Design, develop, test, and evaluate data preparation, analysis, and modeling processes and projects in relation to defined user questions and needs.
- Identify, analyze, and develop sound judgments related to professional, legal, and ethical problems arising in Data Science and related fields.
- Communicate effectively in interpersonal, team, and large group contexts.
Our faculty and staff have the knowledge and experience to help you prepare for a career in Data Science. If you need clarification on a class assignment or advice on how to approach your future, you can feel confident that our faculty is available and ready to help.
Career paths with a Master of Science in Data Science
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Governance Supervisor
“This program does an amazing job of being flexible with a student who is working full-time (with a family).”:
David (Bradley) Hart, current MBA Data Analytics Student
“I have skills now that I can directly and already apply to my job — that is really valuable!”
Nancy Iverson, current MBA Data Analytics Student