Apply Visit Contact

VA Checklist

VA Educational Benefits Checklist

  1. Review VA Educational Benefits Programs to determine which program is right for you. To view Educational Benefit information, visit
  2. Apply for VA Educational Benefits:
  3. Apply for admission to Newman and become fully admitted to a degree-bound program.
  4. The Registrar’s office needs copies of all your official transcripts, including military transcripts. All official transcripts must be on file at Newman University before your enrollment certification can be sent to the VA.
  5. Schedule an academic advising appointment with your faculty advisor to enroll in courses. You must follow a degree program. Let your advisor know you plan to use VA Educational Benefits.
  6. While visiting with your faculty advisor, complete the Enrollment Certification Request You must complete this form each semester you attend Newman University for your enrollment to be certified to the VA.
  7. Turn in the following documents to the Newman University Registrar’s Office:
    • A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (or Form 28-1905 if using Chapter 31 benefits)
    • Your Enrollment Certification Request form completed by both you and your faculty advisor

Newman Certification Timelines

  • Fall Semester: Begins August 1
  • Spring Semester: Begins December 1
  • Summer Semester: Begins May 1

For questions regarding your Educational Benefits payments, please contact the GI Bill Hotline at 1-888-442-4551.

For questions regarding the Enrollment Certification process, please contact the Newman Registrar’s office or Student Accounts in 230 Sacred Heart Hall.