Skip to the head of the line for Nursing program acceptance and get a guaranteed cohort spot in a future nursing class!
Newman University's nursing program is accepted by the healthcare industry as one of the most prestigious and coveted programs in the Midwest. Normally students apply for the Nursing program after completing a series of prerequisite and general education courses in their first 2 years as undergraduate students; however, for a select group of high-achieving students we offer a direct admission option. If you are offered direct admission based on a separate application process you would be guaranteed a cohort spot in a future nursing class. You would not be required to apply during your second year at Newman, provided you continue to meet direct admit requirements.
Direct admission allows for a seamless transition into the nursing program.
Take your next step today to joining the ranks of Newman nurses who are truly making a difference in the world!
To qualify to apply for Direct Admission into the Nursing program, students must be:
- A high school senior
- A first-year college student with fewer than 25 credit hours - or - A high school senior or recent graduate with 25 or more hours of college credit earned during their time in high school through dual enrollment
- 3.5 minimum cumulative high school GPA
- 22 minimum ACT composite score
- Demonstrated community service and leadership experience
How to Apply
Once you have been accepted to Newman University, you may begin your Direct Admission Nursing application.
- Complete the application at http://go.newmanu.edu/DirectAdmitApply
- Submit (2) recommendation forms. Admissions will send the recommendations to the contacts listed in the application form. Completed recommendations must be submitted directly by recommenders.
- Sign up to attend our Nursing Direct Admission Interview Day event on Friday, March 2, 2018.
The Interview Day event will include individual interviews with all candidates, a review of the initial licensure policies, and brief writing and math assessments.
Requirements following successful admission
To retain your guaranteed spot in your nursing cohort once you enroll at Newman, you must:
- Complete all of prerequisite and general education coursework at Newman
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative college GPA
- Meet all requirements to the program’s clinical agencies prior to your first Nursing program semester
These requirements include a background check, health forms, proof of medical/liability insurance and CPR certification
For more information or if you have any questions please contact: