17TH ANNUAL LITERARY FESTIVAL: “SPORTS AND LITERATURE”March 31st, April 1st & 2nd 2016
Newman University campus
*Free and open to the public for attendees. A small fee for outside presenters.
Call for Abstracts
Scholarly or creative approaches related to next year’s science and literature theme or other topics are welcome and encouraged.
Literary Festival Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What exactly is meant by "Scholarly or creative submissions on this [annual theme- this year “Science and Literature”] or other topics are welcome"?
Participants may present about a wide range of topics and formats not restricted by the annual theme; some present papers/essays; some read from creative work, some display artwork, others play musical instruments or act out short plays, etc. See titles and subjects of past presentations by looking at programs from previous years below.
- How do I register for the event and is there a registration fee?
Please register in advance if you are presenting; for presenters from outside the Newman University community, there is a modest $30 fee. Faculty, students, and participants from the wider community are encouraged and welcome to present: send us your abstracts/ presentation proposals on or before the listed deadline; if your proposal is accepted, we will confirm your place on the program and request you send in your presentation fee.
- 3. Is there a full schedule available or a list of conference topics and speakers?
The full final schedule is available a week or two prior to the festival, after we have arranged all of the presentations.
- Are there masterclasses available?
Keynote speakers most years do present master classes during the festival, and all are welcome to attend these.
- Is there a fee for attending any of the panels or presentations as an audience member only?
No; the conference is free and open to public audience members; individuals and groups are welcome.
Thank you for your interest and we hope you can join us for the festival!
Previously Literary Festival Programs