Earn an MBA
Newman's MBA programs are designed to work Around the working professional
Position yourself to lead in an ever-changing economy. The Newman University Graduate School of Business offers an MBA program that provides innovative curriculum while blending theory and relevant, real-world business applications in courses taught by highly qualified, dynamic professors.
Designed to accommodate the schedule of a working professional, the program can be completed in as little as 15 months with the majority of courses meeting just one night per week. It is Newman's mission to transform society.
It is Newman's mission to empower students to transform society. It is up to you to accept the challenge.
- Designed for the working adult
- Can be completed in as little as 15 months
- Multiple start dates throughout the year
- Tuition is less than most in the area
- Outstanding faculty with academic and professional experience
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission
About Our Faculty
Graduate School of Business
The Newman University Graduate School of Business faculty and staff have the knowledge and experience to help you prepare for leadership roles within large companies and organizations. If you need clarification on a class assignment or advice on how to approach your future, you can feel confident that our faculty is available and ready to help.
In 2016, Brett K. Andrews, MBA, Ph.D., was named dean of the School of Business.
- Dr. Brett Andrews
According to a 2013 report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, an average MBA professional will take home 33% more pay than professionals with a bachelor degree alone.
Wichita is has a rich set of large employers. Spirit AeroSystems employs over 11,000 people locally. Other companies include Via Christi Health, Textron Aviation, and Koch Industries, just to name a few.
An MBA will give you the opportunity to work in a variety of fields and specialties in management-level positions. Here are some examples of potential careers and their median salaries (2013):
- Securities, commodities, and financial services sales agents: $170,000
- Logisticians: $82,000
- Transportation, storage, and distribution managers: $90,000
- Financial managers: $110,000
- Market research analysts and marketing specialists: $90,000
- Marketing and sales managers: $110,000
- Megan Hotstick '16, MBA
- Tammy White '11, '13, MBA
read her story
What our students say about the MBA program
MBA graduate Freaya Koshy '16 said one of the things that impressed her about the Newman graduate program was the faculty.
“They helped us,” Koshy said. “They were willing to sit with us and go over problems with us. Overall, I think Newman is just a great school.”
Undergraduate degree (any major)
Minimum GPA: 3.0 overall or 3.2 in the final 60 hours of coursework
- Applicants must have completed the following four courses: Macroeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra and Financial Accounting.
- Additional prerequisites - MIS Concentration Only: Introductory Programming, Database Applications, MIS Principles and Computer Network Concepts
Graduate Admissions – MBA
Wichita, KS 67213-2097
Step 1 - Apply to Newman University
Step 2 - Submit Application Fee
Submit a $25 nonrefundable application fee. Payment options:
- Online: Application Fee Payment
- Mail: Check made payable to Newman University
Step 3 - Submit Transcripts
Please submit official transcripts documenting receipt of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. If prerequisite courses are listed on a transcript other than the college or university where the bachelor’s degree was earned, they must be provided as well.
Note: If you are a Newman University graduate, you do not need to request transcripts.
Step 4 - Submit Professional Recommendation
Please submit (1) professional recommendation using the linked recommendation form here.
Thank you for applying for admission to the MBA program.