Cooperative Education & Internships
Cooperative Education is a great way for students to garner hands-on experience while earning college credit! This supervised work experience is related to the student’s career goals and is an extension and application of their classroom instruction. A faculty coordinator, Career Services, and the employer/supervisor share in the intellectual and professional development of the student, which ultimately benefits all involved. Only Newman University students are eligible to participate in this program.
- Must be a Newman University student.
- Must be a junior or senior with a 2.0 grade point average.
- Must enroll for Cooperative Education academic credit.
- Must attend Orientation and complete all required paperwork.
- Identify a Faculty Coordinator in the school in which you desire to earn credit.
- Discuss possible cooperative education positions with your Faculty Coordinator and/or Career Services (Information on some possible Cooperative Education Experiences is available in Career Services).
- To enroll in cooperative education, meet with your advisor and enroll in the Cooperative Education course. (1 credit hour = 30 work hours; 2 credit hours = 60 work hours; 3 credit hours = 90 work hours)
- Complete the online Agreement for Cooperative Education. Go to your College Central Network (CCN) account and click the Experiential Learning link on the left side of your dashboard. Complete the Cooperative Education Agreement Form.
- Print out the CE-15 form (work log) and complete your work documentation as you progress through the cooperative learning experience.
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours at your cooperative education site for each one credit hour you wish to receive. During this time you should have continual contact with your Faculty Coordinator.
- Upload your professional resume to your College Central Network (CCN) account by the end of the academic term.
- Complete requirements designated by Faculty Coordinator.