- Back to School Social
- Dorm Blessings
- Scavenger Hunt
- Fall Weekend Retreat
- Special fellowship opportunities such as Mardi Gras party, Easter BBQ, Senior Sendoff, and other events throughout the academic year
At St. John Chapel
- Eucharistic Adoration- Tuesday and Wednesday from 12:30pm-4:00pm
- Outdoor Adoration Sunday, April 30th at 8:00pm (Marian Grotto)
- Liturgical Ministers
- Eucharistic Minister
- Greeter/Gift Bearer
In The Community
- DiRT (Diocesan Retreat Team) - Help direct retreats for high school Confirmation candidates in the Diocese of Wichita
- RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) - Interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith? Stop by the Heritage Room Wednesday nights from 7-8pm
- All-Faith's Prayer Service - Join us for a prayer service with our fellow Christians on February 28th at 11am in St. John Chapel
- KCCSC (Kansas Catholic College Student Convention) - Join Catholic college students as they learn more about their faith and meet fellow Catholic students from across the state. This year Fort Hays will be hosting KCCSC Feb. 3-5th
WINTER SERVICE TRIP
Last year the Winter Service Trip was to San Benito, TX! We worked with the sisters of Divine Providence at their La Posada Providence. La Posada receives men and women who have been given asylum as they are released from detention or others who have been processed by immigration and need a place to stay. The immigrants are allowed to stay here until they are given their I94 which enables them to apply for their Social Security card and then a work permit. While there we helped in teaching people the English language as well as to understand the American banking system, specifically credit cards. We spent Thursday in San Antonio, TX exploring the RiverWalk as well as touring the Alamo!
The March for Life, Washington, D.C.
This trip unites people of all faiths and backgrounds to speak up for the right to life. We will be joining young adults from around the Diocese of Wichita who travel to Washington D.C. and participate in the annual March for Life. As Catholic Christians we protest the practices of abortion, the death penalty, and euthanasia. To minimize the amount of classroom instruction students will miss Campus Ministry arranges for the group to fly, which makes it a three-day pilgrimage. The office helps to secure additional funding to reduce the overall cost for students. When we arrive in D.C. there will be time for sight-seeing before joining hundreds of thousands in the March to stand in witness for the dignity and rights of all people from conception through natural death.
Navajo Nation, Crownpoint, N.M.
This trip will provide you the opportunity to relax and renew in a beautiful and serene setting while working alongside the ASC sisters to serve those in need on this Native American Reservation. In addition to service, there will also be time set aside for sight-seeing in Albuquerque and visiting the unique natural attractions in this area.