For all students
If you are planning on applying for Federal or State grants or loans, please visit the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) website for step-by-step instructions. Some funding may be limited so we encourage all students to complete their application for the upcoming school year by March 1 to improve their chances of receiving these funds.
An additional form will also be required for students who are eligible to apply for the Kansas State Scholars award. Contact our Financial Aid Advisor if you need to request this state application.
Once students have completed the FAFSA, they may be randomly selected by the Federal Government to go through a process called "verification" where they must turn in a tax return transcript. You may request a tax return transcript by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on www.fafsa.gov or by going to www.irs.gov If the student is notified that they have been selected for verification, they will also need to complete a Verification Form to submit along with their tax information. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you are unsure whether or not you must complete the verification process.
Financial aid documents
When you click on a document name it will open a PDF file that you will be able to print off and complete. Once you have completed the document return it to the Financial Aid Office.
- Asset Information
- Full Admission to Newman University
- Household Info - Dependent
- Household Info - Independent
- Identity/Educational Purpose
- Independent Status Confirmation
- Parent Info Verification
- Parent Income/Tax Transcript
- Student Income/Tax Transcript
- IRS Tax Return Transcript Instructions
- Extended Institutional Scholarship Appeal
- FERPA Consent Form
- Marital Status Change
- Parent Plus Request Form
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal
- Unusual Enrollment History Appeal