The purpose of this Dual Advising Program is to provide the opportunity for students enrolled at a community college to access academic advising with Newman advisors in preparation for their plans to transfer to Newman. The goal of the program is to provide a seamless transition for students transferring from partner schools by providing support up to a year before students set foot on campus as a Newman student.
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements to participate in the Dual Advising Program:
- Meet admissions requirements to Newman University
- Be currently enrolled at a regionally accredited community / technical college
- Complete the dual advising application at least one to two semesters prior to enrollment at Newman University
- Communicate with a Newman advisor regarding a suggested course schedule
- Be a bachelor degree seeking student
Students who participate in the Newman University Dual Advising Program will receive the following program benefits:
- Students will receive academic advising from Newman advisors in addition to their community college advisors while still enrolled in community college. This advising will provide support to ensure that students are taking transferable courses and courses that will keep them on track to finish their bachelors degree in 2 years at Newman.
- Students who ultimately apply and are admitted to Newman University who participated in the Dual Advising Program will receive a Dual Advising Scholarship of $3,500.00 per academic year. Some scholarship stacking limitations may apply.