Deadline for application submission is on or before August 1st of the year before the applicant wishes to be admitted.
- The applicant must have a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing. Applicants who do not meet this criteria will be considered on an individual basis.
- The applicant must have a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must be a current unrestricted registered professional nurse.
- The applicant must have completed a Statistics course that includes descriptive and inferential statistics.
- The applicant must have completed an undergraduate nursing research course (or evidence of other equivalent research course).
- The applicant must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support & Pediatric Life Support Certifications.
- The applicant must have a minimum of one year full-time employment as a registered professional nurse in a critical care setting, such as SICU, MICU, CCU or a burn unit.
- NU GRE Code: 6615 - The applicant must take and submit scores from the Graduate Record Exam (minimum 290).
For admission to Graduate Studies in Nurse Anesthesia program, all application components must be sent to:
Graduate Admissions – CRNA
Wichita, KS 67213-2097
Step 1 - Graduate Studies Application
$25 application fee applies
Step 2 - Submit Required Documents
Please request official transcripts documenting receipt of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university and an official transcript from each college or university where undergraduate and graduate credit was earned. Please have them sent directly to Newman University.
Note: If you are a Newman University graduate, you do not need to request transcripts
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Submit three professional recommendations using the recommendation form. The letters should reflect an accurate appraisal of clinical skills, experience, and independent decision making. One recommendation for each of the following:
- Most recent employer
- A health care professional preferably a licensed physician or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- An individual that can attest to your academic suitability to pursue graduate education
Submit a one-page personal statement detailing your professional experience, your future career goals and reasons for pursuing graduate study.
Submit your most recent Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
NURSE LICENSURE (S)
Submit copies of current, unrestricted registered professional nurse licensure(s) in the state of Kansas plus ACLS and PALS accreditation.
NU GRE Code: 6615 - Scores should be sent directly to the address above. (Minimum 290).
Thank you for applying for admission to the Graduate Studies in Nurse Anesthesia program.