DR. BRYAN D. DIETRICH'S WEBSITE (NU ENGLISH FACULTY)
WRITING CONTESTS AND PRIZES
- Student grants "for any project that supports or furthers the mission, vision, or current theme of the Gerber Institute" – up to $500
- Norton Writer's Prize (requires sponsorship)
- The Nation Student Writing Contest (annual)
- Transitions Abroad Student Writing Contest (annual)
ARTICLES OF INTEREST
- "Why English Majors are the Hot New Hires" (July 2013)
- "In Praise of (Offline) Slow Reading" (January 2014)
- “Why Focusing Too Narrowly in College Could Backfire” (November 2013)
- “Liberal Arts Majors that Pay the Most” (The Wall St. Journal, May 2014)
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Modern Language Association
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Conference on College Composition and Communication
- National Assembly for Expanded Perspectives on Learning
- Poetry Society of America
- International Association of the Fantastic in the Arts
- American Society for Eighteenth Century Studies
- Medieval Academy of America
ACCESSING MLA INTERNATIONAL BIBLIOGRAPHY DATABASE
- The MLA International Bibliography database is a subscription service purchased by our library, so you need to have an NU username and password to access it.
- On the NU home page, select the "My NU" tab on left, then open these links in succession:
- Under "Students" click "Dugan Library." Then under "Resources" click on "Databases." Login page opens; scroll to bottom and log in using your NU Library username and password.
- When the database home page opens, scroll down and select "Ebscohost databases," then "MLA International Bibliography." Select by clicking the "MLA International Bibliography" or checking the box next to this database and clicking "continue" at the bottom of the page.
- Start your searches within the database.