Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). Lambda Pi Eta has nearly 300 active chapters at colleges and universities worldwide, and the NU Chapter is the Epsilon Iota, chartered November 19, 1996. Lambda Pi Eta represents what Aristotle described in his book, Rhetoric, as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion, and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics.
- To recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- To stimulate interest in the field of communication
- To promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- To provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas among communication majors
- To provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- To establish and maintain closer relationships and mutual understanding between faculty and students
- To explore options for further graduate education
- Completed 60 semester credit hours
- Completed 12 semester credit hours in communication
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Communication grade point average of at least 3.5
- Enrolled as full-time student in good standing in the department of communication
The Vantage is the student newspaper at NU. It's published weekly, and new issues of the newspaper appear on campus every Thursday during the semester.
The Communication Club
The Communication Club offers students an opportunity to develop leadership skills, have fun with friends, and be actively involved in communication issues and professional development in the Newman Community.