Field practicum experience
The field practicum is an integral part of the MSW program. The practicum provides a laboratory for students to demonstrate mastery of social work skills. Multiple placement opportunities are available, including hospitals, schools, community mental health centers, family service agencies, hospice programs, correctional facilities, programs for the elderly, children’s services, substance abuse programs and battered women’s programs.Students are supervised by agency-based social workers with consultation by a faculty liaison. Practice seminars further integrate the practicum experience.
Foundation-Year Practicum consists of 16 hours per week for a total of 452 clock hours over 27 weeks during the academic year (432 hours in the field agency and 20 hours in the Integrative Seminars).
Concentration-Year and Advanced Standing Practicum consists of 20 hours per week for a total of 640 clock hours over 31 weeks during the academic year (620 hours in the field agency and 20 hours in the Integrative Seminars). Total of 1052 hours in the field placement agency.
Note: The following files are Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF) files, you will need the latest version to view them.
- Appendix A - Expectations for Student Perf and Behav Form
- Appendix B - Application for Field Practicum (Standard)
- Appendix C - Request for Employment-Based Placement
- Appendix D - Foundation KS
- Appendix E - Concentration KS
- Appendix F - Foundation CS
- Appendix G - Concentration CS
- Appendix H - Time Sheet
- Appendix I - Report Form for Integrative Seminar - Foundation Level 2013
- Appendix J - Report Form for Integrative Seminar - Concentration Level 2013
- Appendix K - Learning Agreement Foundation Level
- Appendix L - Learning Agreement Foundation SAMPLE 2012
- Appendix M -Learning Agreement - Concentration - 2013 Barry
- Appendix N - Learning Agreement Concent 2012 - Sample
- Appendix O - Process Recording
- Appendix P - Evaluation of Student Learning and Performance - Foundation
- Appendix Q - Evaluation of Student Learning and Performance- Concentration
- Appendix R - Evaluations of Field Practicum - Student
- Appendix S - Evaluation of Faculty Liaison by Field Instructor
- Appendix T - Field Instructor Information
- Appendix U - Change of Practicum Form
- Appendix V - Dismissal Form
- Appendix W - NASW Code of Ethics
- Appendix X - Licensure
- Appendix Y - Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board
- Appendix Z - CSWE Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards