Application deadline for priority consideration: June 30th
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
Minimum GPA: 3.0 in all upper-division coursework (this includes any previous graduate-level academic work)
Study in liberal arts. For purposes of admission, liberal arts include the following disciplines: English, speech, philosophy, history and the humanities, social sciences, math and the natural sciences.
Note: Applicants may be instructed to continue their study of specific disciplines in liberal arts as a condition of admission to the program. Applicants are encouraged to contact the MSW program if uncertain as to whether previous coursework satisfies admission prerequisites.
Apply to the Newman University Graduate School
University Admission - Graduate Studies
Required submissions are to be mailed to:
Graduate Admissions – Social Work
Wichita, KS 67213-2097
Application for Admission - Graduate Studies
Submit a $25 nonrefundable application fee. Payment options:
- Online: Application Fee Payment
- Mail: Check made payable to Newman University
Please submit an official transcript documenting receipt of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Official transcripts from each college or university where undergraduate and graduate credit was earned must also be submitted.
Note: If you are a Newman University graduate, you do not need to request transcripts.
Apply to the Master of Social Work Program
Letters of Recommendation
Submit three letters of recommendation using the form linked below:
MSW Recommendation Form
Submit a personal statement, 2-3 pages in length, which includes:
- The applicant’s individual qualifications and motivations for entering the field of social work
- The applicant’s areas of special interest to include fields of practice and special populations
- This statement should address the applicant’s ability to collaborate with others and his or her readiness to learn in the classroom and in the field practicum