In Kansas and throughout the nation, there is a growing need for teachers who can provide instruction and educational support when English is the second language for students. This program is intended for those seeking ESOL Licensure Endorsement only.
This five course (15 credit hour) program is designed to prepare teachers to meet the KSDE Program Standards for Endorsement in Kansas as an ESOL teacher.
This program is designed for completion in two semesters!
- EDUC 6003 Cultural Diversity
- EDUC 6113 Applied Linguistics
- EDUC 6123 ESOL Assessment
- EDUC 6133 ESOL Methods
- EDUC 8913 ESOL Practicum
(if your district is not sponsoring you)
Go to the ESOL Licensure Endoresement Application page and follow the instructions.
- Candidates must have a current teaching license.
- Undergraduate degree or previous graduate program GPA of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale) is required. Contact Dr. Marx if your GPA is less than this for an individual review.
Don't have a Master's?
All five ESOL endorsement courses can be applied to the 11 courses required for the Master’s of Science in Education - ESOL Curriculum and Instruction degree. Earn your master’s degree in just three additional semesters!