The Honors Program is a new aspect of Newman’s mission to empower students to transform society. The program strives to enhance opportunities available to high-achieving students to enable them to meet their academic potential fully. In so doing, the program challenges students in the classroom, provides cocurricular opportunities to stimulate intellectual growth, and nurtures a community which embraces the importance and relevance of academic pursuits.
Why should you apply to the Honors Program?
- The Honors Program will make you a better student by sharpening your thinking skills, integrating you into an active community of interesting and interested people, and challenging you to perform your very best.
- Graduating from the Honors Program will send a signal to employers and graduate schools that you are among the very best Newman has to offer.
- Membership offers opportunities for regular interaction with faculty, guest speakers and alumni. It also includes the option of living in a common space with other honors students.
- You will get help in applying for post-graduate scholarships and fellowships.
- Honors students have the opportunity to play a leadership role in the campus community.
Learn more about Newman's Honors Program
- Application procedures
- An informal outline of what Honors Students will do at Newman
- A detailed description of the academic requirements to graduate from the program
- A list of honors courses to be offered